Wednesday | 21 February 2024 | 11 Shabaan 1445

Fatwa Answer

Question ID: 726 Category: Dealings and Transactions

As Salam u Alicum,

 Two days back, me and wife had an argument which got escalated at both ends, and then, out of extreme anger, I told her "Mai ne aap ko Talaq di". My wife then came running towards me, and gave my 1 month old daughter in my hand that cooled me down.
Please tell me the consequence of such an act. May Allah forgive my sins and guide me to the right path.
Also, I would like to ask you what needs to be done to reduce the anger in myself.
JazakAllahu Khair,

الجواب وبالله التوفيق

As per the situation described in your question one divorce has taken effect (talaq-e-raj‘ai– revocable divorce). You can perform ruju(i.e. reconcile) with your wife during the period of ‘iddah.

(اذا طلق الرجل امرأتہ تطلیقۃ رجعیۃ اوتطلیقتین فلہ ان یراجعھا فی عدتھا رضیت بذلک اولم ترض (الھدایہ کتاب الطلاق

واللہ اعلم بالصواب