Wednesday | 24 April 2024 | 15 Shawaal 1445

Fatwa Answer

Question ID: 963 Category: Dealings and Transactions

I have received the attached documents from my husband.

Will this be considered khulla???

Also if this is khulla how long will be the iddat period??

Do i need any additional document which state that Yes khulla is done/confirmed between me and my husband?


Allah Hafiz

الجواب وبالله التوفيق

In the light of Islamic Shari‘ah, a husband and wife’s consent is required for Khula‘to take place. The copies of stamp papers sent by your husband to you, clearly state that he has accepted your request of issuing Khula‘. Hence this Khula‘is valid.

The period of ‘Iddat is equal to 3 consecutive menstrual cycles, upon completion of which you will be free to move on with your life.

If the marriage was registered here in the courts of United States of America, you will have to get an annulment of marriage certificate from the courts.