Fatawa Answer

Question: Khula without husband's consent

ID: 1840

Name: Marriage and Divorce



My name is Asma. I live in Chicago. I have sent Qula papers to my husband but he is not ready to sign. He lives in India. Is there a way where the Qula can be granted to me without husband's consent.

What about Fasq-e-Nikah?

(I want separation from my husband because he is not interesed in having kids but I want kids. He takes everything very lightly.)

Please let me know the procedure!

Please let me know about any lawyer or any Islamic scholar who can help me out with this even out of Waqf Board......I am ready to bear the expenses

Or to make my process go faster is there any other way? 



بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم

It would be best if you approach the Sharia Board Chicago directly in this regard.


Answered On: Tuesday, Aug 22, 2023 | N/A

Answered By: Mufti Mohammed Ataur Rahman Sajid

Checked By: Mufti Mohammed Navalur Rahman