Wednesday | 06 December 2023 | 22 Jamadiul-Awal 1445
Gold NisabSilver NisabMahr Fatimi

Fatwa Answer

Question ID: 1540 Category: Rights
Marriage separation


Im in a situation where I don't want to divorce, I want to separate from my husband, meaning I want to live alone for some time, we have been having issues for the past 7 years and now it's time I have gotten exhausted. I have three kids. I need to know Islamicly can I live alone with the kids in a apartment alone Islamicly? I really need this, if I don't have any other options I will have to divorce him. Which I do t want to do for the kids. Please help me I really need to know asasp JazkilAllah kahir

بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم

الجواب وباللہ التوفیق

It is better for you to go to your parents or to live with other “mahaarim” but only with the permission of your husband for a few days to get some peace of mind. It is not permissible to live elsewhere separately without the permission of the husband. Living in a separate apartment alone can really be dangerous. 

Continue trying to bring your husband closer to yourself with courtesy, friendliness, kindness and obedience in lawful matter. Be punctual in your daily prayers. Be punctual in your daily prayers. Recite “istighfaar” frequently and make du'aa'.

Also, recite:

a. “Ya-Lateef - Ya-Wadood” 1100 times after Ishaa prayers with 11 times “Darood Sharif” before and after reciting those two blessed Attributes of Allah (SWT), then breath/blow on your body.

b. Also blow it over water and sugar, etc. and give it your husband to drink.

If that does not solve the problem, try to find a solution through opinionated elders of the family. 

If there is still no solution, you can opt for “Khul’aa” but after serious consultation with local Muftian-e-kiram or through a Shariah Office.

فقط واللہ اعلم واتم